- All natural sisal and sweet grass fiber trivet handwoven by artisans in Rwanda
- Food-safe and Made with Organic dyes
- Just the right size for a center piece or wall hanging
- Stunning one of a kind pieces rich in cultural meaning and purpose
Symbolism and Design
- Sisal Baskets are symbolic of major life events in Rwanda and are gifted to friends and family to celebrate major life events such as weddings, births and graduations. Baskets are proudly displayed as symbols of wealth of friends, family and life.
- The Sunburst pattern on this trivet is known as the "hope" design. Reflected on the Rwandan flag, this sunburst image stands for the country's collective hope for a new dawn and brighter future.
Details & Dimensions
- Width: 12" approximately
- Spot clean with wet rag. Do not submerge in water.
- Handmade in Rwanda
The purchase of this trivet supports sustainable livelihoods and artisan traditions of basketry in Rwanda.
Each Global Shokunin product is unique and made by hand using traditional techniques. Slight variations in size and color are normal due to the natural materials, and handwoven nature of these products. Enjoy and show off your eclectic taste!
- To meet the artisans who make your product, please visit our blog.