- Luxurious Handwoven Clutch made with upcycled Huipil Fabrics
- High Quality Construction with high quality magnetic clasps
- Hand woven by a small group of talented Guatemalan artisans
- Pair it with your favorite pair of jeans or even with a fun dress to add your unique flair.
Details & Dimensions
- One Upcycled Envelope Clutch Only
- Width: 12", Length: 8", Cotton Lined, Magnetic Clasp
- Back is made from hand-loom cotton fabric also made by artisans
- (*Accessories shown are not included.*)
- Spot Clean Only
- Handmade Made in Guatemala
Huipil is a loose fitting tunic worn by indigenous women from Mexico to Central America. Traditional huipils, especially ceremonial ones, are usually made with fabric woven on a backstrap loom and are heavily decorated with designs woven into the fabric, embroidery, ribbons, lace and more. This colorful clutch is handcrafted with upcycled huipils procured from artisans in the mountains of Guatemala. Each one is unique and crafted by artisans being paid fair wages.
Purchase of this hand crafted, upcycled purse provides fair wage employment to the artisans of Manos Presiosas in Guatemala. Since 1990, the artisans have also had access to medical services, educational programs and microloans.
Each Global Shokunin product is unique and made by hand using traditional techniques. Slight variations in size and color are normal due to the natural materials, and handwoven nature of these products. Enjoy and show off your eclectic taste!
- To meet the artisans who make your product, please visit our blog.