- Made by a small group of talented specially-abled Indian artisans
- Low Impact Dyes and Machine Washable
Details & Dimensions
- Width: 50", Length: 70"
- Machine wash cold on gentle. Hang to dry.
- Made in India
- Add a cozy handmade touch to your living space with a loom woven throw.
- This striped throw gets softer with each wash, and features a complex weave, for added warmth and texture.
The purchase of this throw supports sustainable livelihoods and artisan traditions of weaving in India.
This natural cotton textile is hand-woven at a small weaving unit in North India by adult members of a community of disabled artisans and their families. These artisans are skilled at creating modern and functional woven pieces that incorporate traditional skills and a strong aesthetic.
This nonprofit social enterprise offers employment and life skill training to individuals with physical disabilities as an avenue for financial independence and social acceptance. Purchase of this throw provides fair steady wages, skills training, education scholarships and microloans to artisans who are affected by physical challenges, and their families.
Each Global Shokunin product is unique and made by hand using traditional techniques. Slight variations in size and color are normal due to the natural materials, and handwoven nature of these products. Enjoy and show off your eclectic taste!
- To meet the artisans who make your product, please visit our blog.