"Art for your closets"
- Set of 2 unique lavender sachets filled with heavenly fragrant lavender buds.
- Lovingly Hand embroidered on African Wax prints
- Lined with shimmering Organza so you can really experience the lavender.
- Please note that image is representative of product and your set will be one of kind!
- Made in Queens, New York by women artisans being paid fair wages.
- Our NYC immigrant women artisans got creative and decided to make lavender sachets! These are the most creative and fragrant lavender sachets we have ever seen, made from African Wax Prints, hand embroidered with Kantha stitch and lined in shimmering organza! The fragrance is divine!
- Kantha, perhaps the oldest forms of Indian embroidery can be traced back to the first and second A.D. The thought behind this needlework was to reuse old clothes and materials and turn them into something new. This is what makes Kantha embroidery so relevant for the modern day consumers that care deeply about sustainability.
- For decades Kantha embroidery has been the source of income for the rural women living in West Bengal, India and Bangladesh. Global Shokunin is committed to preserving this art-form by reusing materials while providing employment to marginalized artisans. These coasters are the modern interpretation of Kantha made by immigrant woman artisans right here in USA!
10% profits funds are earmarked for artisan education projects.
Each Shokunin product is unique and made by hand using traditional techniques. Variation in color & design is part of product design, making you the only person in the world to own this handmade product! Enjoy and show it off!
- To meet the artisans who make your product, please visit our blog.