- A Set of two unique coasters - Lovingly Hand embroidered on African Wax prints
- Please note that image is representative of product and your set will be one of kind!
- Made in Queens, New York by women artisans being paid fair wages
-100% cotton with up-cycled interior
Gentle Hand wash and lay flat to dry
- Kantha, perhaps the oldest forms of Indian embroidery can be traced back to the first and second A.D. The thought behind this needlework was to reuse old clothes and materials and turn them into something new. This is what makes Kantha embroidery so relevant for the modern day consumers that care deeply about sustainability. - For decades Kantha embroidery has been the source of income for the rural women living in West Bengal, India and Bangladesh. Global Shokunin is committed to preserving this art-form by reusing materials while providing employment to marginalized artisans. These coasters are the modern interpretation of Kantha made by immigrant woman artisans right here in USA!
10% profits funds are earmarked for artisan education projects.
Each Shokunin product is unique and made by hand using traditional techniques. Variation in color & design is part of product design, making you the only person in the world to own this handmade product! Enjoy and show it off!
- To meet the artisans who make your product, please visit our blog.