- Worry Doll Journal bound in Luxurious Handwoven Fabrics and handmade dolls
- Fabrics and Dolls are Hand made by a small group of talented Guatemalan artisans
- Tell the doll your secrets and write them in the journal, sleep on it and watch your worries disappear!
Details & Dimensions
- Color Selection is a surprise! They are all beautiful shades of jewel colors!
- Lined Journal covered in luxurious textured handwoven fabric with adorable miniature dolls
- Attached Doll Bookmark
- Hand Made from hand-loom cotton fabric and dolls made by artisans in Guatemala
- Made in Guatemala
Worry Dolls are tiny, hand-crafted dolls from Guatemala clothed in traditional Mayan costumes. Guatemalan artisans from the Highlands bind pieces of wood together or twist short lengths of wire to create a frame and fashion a torso, legs, arms, and head. By winding cloth and yarn around the frame, the artisans give the doll shape. They use scraps of traditional woven fabric to make the doll costumes and wind more yarn to create the head, hair, feet and hands.
According to the Mayan legend, when worrying keeps a person awake, he or she tells a worry to as many dolls as necessary. Then the worrier places the dolls under his or her pillow. The dolls take over the worrying for the person who then sleeps peacefully through the night. When morning breaks, the person awakens without the worries that the dolls took away during the night.
So how about writing down all your worries in this adorable little handcrafted journal, bound in handloom fabric, and adorned with these delightful miniature dolls! You tell the dolls, and they do the rest!
Purchase of this hand crafted, upcycled purse provides fair wage employment to the artisans of Manos Presiosas in Guatemala. Since 1990, the artisans have also had access to medical services, educational programs and microloans.
Each Global Shokunin product is unique and made by hand using traditional techniques. Slight variations in size and color are normal due to the natural materials, and handwoven nature of these products. Enjoy and show off your eclectic taste!
- To meet the artisans who make your product, please visit our blog.